If you are an Acer laptop user, you will find that your Acer Laptop running slow. Unfortunately, this is a common thing that every laptop user can face. In this guide, we will describe possible reasons for the slow-down running of Acer Laptop with their fixes.
After reading this article, our sole purpose is that you can handle these types of problems on your own without taking your laptop to the repair shop. This guide will help in the case of Acer Laptop Running Slow. But if your laptop is frozen to death, we recommend taking it to the service Care center.
Causes of Acer Laptop running slow
- You are using Acer Laptop without Reboot
- Outdated Drivers
- Virus in your Acer Laptop
- Full Hard Drive
- Old or Failing Hardware
- Overloaded Browser
You are using Acer Laptop without Reboot
One of the common causes of the slow-running laptop is using your computer without rebooting. Yes, this is true that laptops need to reboot at regular intervals to keep them in good condition. However, if you are using your laptop without rebooting at a regular interval, then it will slow down eventually.
The boot process involves various steps. When we switch on our computer, the CPU executes the POST (Power On Self Test), which tests all the components connected and checks for any problem with these components which may hamper their functioning. After executing the POST, BIOS (Basic Input/Output System) is loaded into the system memory.
The BIOS then executes the next booting process known as Boot Loader Stage. This step loads the operating system into the main memory. It then continues loading drivers for all I/O devices such as hard disks and CD-ROM drives. After loading all device drivers, it executes the process of loading into memory a single application or multiple applications one by one, depending upon how many windows have been opened in the last session and based on the specification of the computer.
Laptops are designed to run multiple tasks simultaneously, but with time, their performance will slow down. When we use our laptops without rebooting, they load the same data set in their memory. As a result, the loading process becomes longer, making the laptop run slow.
Suppose your computer has been used for a long time without restarting and thus several processes. In that case, files and other data are stored in RAM, and hard disk drives are fragmented so that the computer performance will be affected. Critical operations like booting up and opening applications will take more time.
The operating system may hang when you use certain programs, causing a blue screen of death. Sometimes the computer may crash because an application or a driver has stopped responding (BSOD). In the worst case, your computer may not boot up properly.
Further problems are:
- It damages your hard drive
- It allows malicious programs to enter your system and damage your files
- Programs will take more CPU time and resources on your system as they keep using the same set of data in their RAM, which reduces the performance of your laptop
How to Fix?
You can fix this slow-down problem by restarting your laptop continuously. This ongoing process will keep your Acer Laptop Healthy, and in this way, you can speed up your Acer laptop.
The following are some reasons why you should reboot your laptop:
- Removes unwanted and unnecessary files which accumulate overtime to keep your computer running faster.
- Reboots clear out the memory so that you can run programs better.
- You will also find that your battery life will last considerably longer if you reboot instead of shutting down your laptop or turning off the power. Rebooting clears out the memory and closes down open background applications and processes. They are all started again when you boot up.
- Another reason why it might be necessary to reboot your laptop is if you have hardware issues. Over time, the small parts inside your laptop can become loose or damaged through regular use.
It’s easy to accidentally bang up your computer while traveling or transporting it from place to place. By rebooting your laptop once in a while (or even just turning it off and on), you can ensure that everything is running smoothly and nothing has become damaged or broken through heavy use or rough transport.
When you are using an Acer laptop, a time may come when your drivers will be outdated. This can cause a slow down of the Acer laptop. Obsolete drivers can interfere with computer programs and hardware functioning, causing them to run slower or crash more frequently. Drivers may become outdated for several reasons, including a new operating system or application released by the manufacturer.
Driver updates are made available to fix issues with existing drivers as they arise and improve your Acer laptop’s overall performance. When you need to update drivers for your Acer laptop, it is often worth updating all available drivers at once. You may also wish to consider updating drivers for other devices on your computer that might be affected by an outdated driver, such as sound cards or printers.
Suppose you have multiple devices on your computer. In that case, it can be helpful to create a checklist of recommended updates and keep it handy in case you need to update drivers again in the future.
How to fix it?
Outdated drivers can make your laptop slow, but updating the drivers will give you better laptop performance. Acer laptops are very good for business or gamers. If you have an Acer Laptop and want to update the driver, there are several ways.
First, you can edit the driver by visiting its manufacturer’s official website and downloading the driver’s latest version. Another way is by downloading a special program that will automatically download and install the newest version of your driver.
Divers help the hardware communicate with Windows. It’s the software that allows your computer to use the hardware components (e.g., printer, monitor, mouse and enable them to work. The drivers can be built into the operating system or provided separately as a software package.
Although the driver updates are not required, they are beneficial because they allow you to take advantage of improved versions of programs and also receive bug fixes. You might also receive updates for added functionality or new features with a driver update or even security patches for vulnerabilities in older driver versions.
Virus in your Acer Laptop
It would help if you kept some things in mind when you get an Acer laptop. In computing, we often ignore the fact that there are many hazards and threats to our laptops. We fail to acknowledge these threats and instead concentrate on using the laptop. Always ensure that your laptop is kept safe from viruses.
One of the leading causes of slow running of your laptop is virus infection. When a virus infects your computer, it cannot work at its fullest capacity. As a result, all your applications start running slowly. A virus can damage your laptop’s performance and health if not detected on time and removed immediately.
You can also read Most Expensive Laptops!
If you notice any changes in the performance of your laptop or if it starts behaving abnormally, then it could be a result of a virus or malware attack on your computer system. Various types of malware infect the computer, but it doesn’t harm your PC until you try to open a document or a program that is infected with a virus.
How to fix it?
You can speed up your Acer Laptop by eradicating the virus from the laptop by simply following these steps:
- Go to the start menu.
- Click on the run and type CMD.
- Hit enter.
- Then, type cd ..\..\..\system32 and hit enter.
- Once you type cd ..\..\..\system32, the virus will be automatically deleted from your laptop’s hard drive.
Getting rid of the virus in your laptop is easy by using Windows Defender. The Windows Defender can be used to get rid of the virus by using the following steps:
- First, go to Start, All Programs and Accessories, System Tools, and double click on Windows Defender.
- Now, you have to wait for a few seconds so that Windows Defender can update itself with the latest virus definition files.
- Now, you have to click on Scan Now
- In the next window, click on Custom Scan to scan a specific folder or drive where your Acer Laptop is installed.
- After scanning the laptop, click on Save Report to save the report in Notepad format.
- You have to restart your computer by pressing Ctrl + Alt + Delete keys together and then press the F8 key to boot into safe mode.
- After entering safe mode, delete all files from the C:\windows\system32\drivers\etc folder and click on the OK button.
Full Hard Drive
If your hard drive is full, this can slow down your laptop. The laptop will take longer to start up when the hard drive is full. It will take longer for windows to load. If you have a lot of photos or music on your computer, it can be very slow when trying to find a particular file.
If your hard drive fills up, you may also get error messages saying that you don’t have enough space on your hard drive to save a document or don’t have enough space on your hard drive to run a program. Eliminating unnecessary files will make your computer run much faster and smoother. Some of these files include:
- Temporary files that have been downloaded from the internet or opened recently by a program
- Temporary files that have been saved by programs such as Word
- Older files that have not been used for a long time
- Files in your Recycle Bin
There are a few things you can do to prevent this from happening in the first place and to fix it if and when it does. The first thing you should do is clear out as much unnecessary data from your laptop as possible. To do this, open up Control Panel under the Start menu, and then click on Disk Cleanup.
Next, check all the boxes for temporary files and other junk you don’t need anymore, and then click OK. This should help get rid of a good amount of stuff that could take up space on your hard drive without realizing it.
If you’ve already done that and you’re still running into issues with your hard drive full message, you might want to look at what you have installed on your laptop. Go back to Control Panel (or use whatever method is available on your specific computer) and open up Programs and Features.
Check all of the boxes for programs that can be removed (even if they’re not actively running), then click Uninstall or Remove. If any programs can be removed (even if they’re not actively running), click Uninstall or Remove.
If any programs aren’t listed in Programs and Features, make sure to check the Add/Remove Programs panel in the Control Panel. While you’re cleaning out the clutter, there’s an excellent chance that you’ll find some things that you no longer need but forgot that you installed. Bump them off of your system so that you can reclaim some space on your hard drive!
Old or Failing Hardware
If you have old or failing hardware, this can also slow down your laptop. The main part of your laptop that is responsible for the laptop’s speed is the processor. The processor is an essential component of your computer and will determine the rate at which your system operates. Suppose a processor is not functioning at full capacity.
It can cause slow-downs in all aspects of the computer, including file transfers, software installations, web browsing, and emailing. Other components are the hard drive, power jack, Integrated graphics, and battery. If your hard drive is full or failing, it will slow down your laptop and cause it to crash. Suppose your power jack is loose or falling. In that case, it can also cause your computer to run slowly and possibly even fry the motherboard. The battery is another part that can cause problems with slow performance or even just straight up not booting into windows.
How to Fix?
To improve your Acer laptop’s speed and functionality, you should consider replacing the old hardware with the new one. Typically, replacing both your hard disk drive (HDD) and your system memory (RAM) at once is recommended.
If you have a laptop that uses only integrated graphics, upgrading to dedicated video cards may be time. Although integrated graphics are cheaper and less powerful than their true counterparts, they can still provide a good experience for most users unless your computer is used to play games or other 3D graphics-heavy applications. However, if you’re using your Acer laptop for these things, it’s worth investing in newer hardware that will run them better.
When your laptop browser is overloaded, then it will slow down your laptop and cause many problems like:
- Slow working of applications
- Storage is full due to junk files
- The laptop looks old and old because all the browsers look complicated
- The Internet opens slowly due to cache problems
- Your online experience is disturbed due to unwanted pop-ups
How to Fix?
This is a very common problem when using the internet browser, but this problem can be easily solved…It would be best if you decreased your functions while using a browser, such as
- While surfing the net, never forget to close the tab that you don’t need.
- Avoid watching videos, news, and other things that will only increase your browser usage.
- If you want to use an application such as (Youtube or Facebook at full screen, then try not to use it for a longer duration as it will consume more of your data package.
- Don’t update your apps automatically; rather, turn off the auto-update function of your application.
We recommend checking these things if your Acer Laptop is running slow and following their fixes to speed up your Acer laptop. These are very simple steps that can help you increase the performance potential of your Acer laptop.